Sunday 6th November
#88, nice number, third half this week!
Ran with Paul Williams, we met at the Gateway at 10.30, I ran a mile warm up to get there and Paul a similar distance from Copthorne.
Tough course which I partly run before, but was very enjoyable.
The pace we kept at was almost identical mile per mile even during the hilly parts and climbs along the way.
Route was simple, six and half miles up The Mount then towards Bicton, past Montford Bridge to Shrawardine and just before Nescliffe and turned back.
There was a huge oak tree that Paul claimed to be the exact halfway point, we touched it, took a photo and turned back, and fair play to him he was only a few yards off 😀
Paul was great company and we chatted along the way and time went very quick !
On km 6 we saw Shane and Sarah, and got a toot from a couple of cars but we couldn’t tell who it was.
We completed it in 1:43′ back just past he Gateway, then added another mile as a cool down.
Not surprisingly hamstring are a bit sore, but nothing serious, just need some extra stretching,
I clocked 48 miles this week and might only run next week as I’m ahead of schedule, will see how I feel by midweek.
Thursday 10th November
Started at around 10.45 and weather was perfect for running, cool and sunny, what a difference a few hours make!!
Felt a bit strange running alone after a few runs with company.
I was determined to get a decent finishing time and managed a 1:42′ finish!
I still stopped for a few selfies and photos 🙂
Ran up Ellesmere Rd and down Harlescott Lane past the railway crossing to Featherbed Lane and down Sundorne Rd, Telford Way, turned onto Mokmoor Rd to Abbey Forgate.
Up Old Potts Way towards Meole Brace and back down Bel Vue Rd, up Town Walls into the Quarry and along the river to Castlefields and then home.
Got a toot from Len on Km 4 and on Km 8 saw Emmie on her driving lesson and Patricia on km 16.
Was a very enjoyable run, only complaint is that leaves on the ground are now wet and slippery especially in the Quarry where they are mushy!
After completing my run I got home, ate a banana, a quick change of running clothes and off I went on a training run with Gillian, another 4 km added to my weekly mileage.
Sunday 13th November
#90!!!!! 10 to go.. 🙂
Started late morning and weather was cool.
Had no planned route, but wanted to run along my favourite places for this landmark run.
Did lots of random loops around town centre and the Quarry and later on ran along the river Severn.
Took lots of photos, selfies with veterans and cadets commemorating Remembrance Sunday.
Town centre was very busy and had to constantly dodge dogs in the Quarry.
On km 3 I saw Romei seniors and had a quick chat with them, then I bumped three times into Rick and Sharon walking their dog, that was on km 5, 8 and 14.
Rick took a photo of me running and the second time I stopped for a selfie.
On km 16 in Castlefields I came across Nick, he was running too and on km 20 a toot from the Cedolins.
Finished in 1:50′ , slow one but wasn’t bothered about time, just wanted to enjoy it and take lots of photos 🙂
Well it’s the final countdown now, just 131 miles to go ( sounds better than 1310) !!
Time to say my thankyous :
1. to all who encourage me and wish me good luck, like and share my social media posts
2. to all who sponsored me so far : £1066.29 plus gift aid raised so far
3. to Gareth Connell from Purity Lifestyle Studio in Wellington for free massage on my calves
4. Joe Williams from UKRunChat for free entry at Shrewsbury Half Marathon and for posting my blog on UkSportsChat website
5. Up& Running shop in Shrewsbury for big discount on new Running Shoes
6. Susan Bowes for selling her extra M.Drayton 10k and Derby Half entry and donating the money to Cancer Research uk
7. My Family for patience and support and for listening all day to my numbers and stats
8. My brother at La Lanterna restaurant for putting a poster up to raise a bit more
9. To Joe Brocklehurst for looking after my legs for a discounted rate and also a complimentary treatment
10. To Sandra ( my mother in law) for helping me raise from family and friends
11. To Gareth Mapp at Lifestyle Fitness for letting me put up a sponsor form on notice board to raise cash from members and staff and for sponsoring my Adidas Bounce running shoes.
RRR (beep beep)