#59 Thursday 28th July
#59 done and it wasn’t easy but wasn’t as tough as I expected !
After a week rest in Aruba with only one 5k run over there that felt like a 10k in the humidity and heat even at 6am, and a total of 10 days break from long runs, I felt good and fresh and looking forward to it.
First 6 miles were pretty easy, but after that it got tough and felt the two extra kg that I was carrying around my waist 🙂
Route was straightforward but undulating, after a lap of the estate I ran up Ellesmere Rd, turned left on A49, past Hadnall, right on Painsbrook Lane to the farm, waved at a group of cows and turned back for next 6 miles towards home.
On mile one I saw Julie with the Beagles and later on Hailey with Patch and Bailey 🙂
but no toots to mention.
1245 km of the 2110 km completed and on sunday I will complete 60% of the challenge.
It’s going to be a tough one, I’m planning to run 35 laps of the Greenfields field.
Will start at 9.30am and anyone is welcome to join me for a lap or as many as they want, to keep me company, no need to let me know before just turn up when you can 🙂
60% of my challenge completed , 60 half marathons in 7 months!!
35 laps of the Greenfields field, 600m each lap.
It wasn’t as bad as what I expected, and completed it in 1:41′ 30″, six minutes faster than my last one!
A big thank you to Simon Meredith who ran the first 6 laps with me (2 miles) even though he had a dodgy ankle. We started at a fast pace ( under 7′:30″/mile) and I managed to keep that pace up to mile 10.
Saw lots of dog walkers that I know and mums/dads taking their little ones to the play park.
Someone asked me if I was feeling dizzy going round in circles 🙂
Had a few blackberries from a bush every time I ran past it, they were a bit sour but tasty.
786 miles ran so far and £788 raised, slightly ahead on my target of £1 per mile 🙂
Time to say my thankyous :
1. to all who encourage me and wish me good luck, like and share my social media posts
2. to all who sponsored me so far : £788 plus gift aid raised so far
3. to Gareth Connell from Purity Lifestyle Studio in Wellington for free massage on my calves
4. Joe Williams from UKRunChat for free entry at Shrewsbury Half Marathon and for posting my blog on UkSportsChat website
5. Up& Running shop in Shrewsbury for big discount on new Running Shoes
6. Susan Bowes for selling her extra M.Drayton 10k and Derby Half entry and donating the money to Cancer Research uk
7. My Family for patience and support and for listening all day to my numbers and stats
8. My brother at La Lanterna restaurant for putting a poster up to raise a bit more
9. To Joe Brocklehurst for looking after my legs for a discounted rate and also a complimentary treatment
10. To Sandra ( my mother in law) for helping me raise from family and friends
11. To Gareth Mapp at Lifestyle Fitness for letting me put up a sponsor form on notice board to raise cash from members and staff
RRR (beep beep)