Sunday 29th May:
Run #44 completed early in the morning in Wales.
It was a good one for many reasons, good because of change of scenery and specially because it’s on the same bank holiday and in the same place that exactly 5 years ago I went for my first ever run! This is where it all started and if you told me in 2011 that in five years time I would run my 44th half in 5 months I would have said “No way!!”
Then I completed my 4,2 Km run in 29 minutes and now 21 Km in 1: 42′
I did stop a lot for photos and selfies, weather was glorious, was already too warm when I set off at 8.30am.
Loved every minute of it, I ran from Bryncrug, past a lot of sheep, lambs and cows, into the seaside town of Tywyn, along the seafront and back to Bryncrug, and repeated the course twice.
It’s amazing how popular running is nowadays, a few years back I probably used to be only runner in these part of the world, locals would be amused by the sight of me plodding along in heat or rain, and now people that are on their bank holiday break still find the time and commitment to go for a run, I even saw what looked like entire families running together with kids and dogs, was almost like being at a seaside unofficial parkrun 🙂
Really enjoyed it, I’m hoping to run over there again later this year.
Wednesday 1st June:
#45 done! Weather was cool, nothing much to report, got a toot on km 10 and I think it was Pete Tudor, took it easy and took a lot of photos and finished in 1:43′ 33″.
Next one on Sunday and will finally have company, Rob & Zoe 😃
It was good to have company and even though I ran at a slower pace than usual 13 miles flew by very fast.
It was a beautiful morning, we met at St. Julian’s car park and ran one km to the Seven Bridges 10k Course start by the Swimming Bath, and ran the course twice.
Rob gave up after 10 km because the previous day he spent tjen hours gardening and legs were heavy, and Zoe lasted the whole 13 miles and completed
Time to say my thankyous :
1. to all who encourage me and wish me good luck, like and share my social media posts
2. to all who sponsored me so far : £521 plus gift aid raised so far
3. to Gareth from Purity Lifestyle Studio in Wellington for free massage on my calves
4. Joe Williams from UKRunChat for free entry at Shrewsbury Half Marathon
5. Up& Running shop in Shrewsbury for big discount on new Running Shoes
6. Susan Bowes for selling her extra M.Drayton 10k and Derby Half entry and donating the money to Cancer Research uk
7. My Family for patience and support and for listening all day to my numbers and stats
8. My brother at La Lanterna restaurant for putting a poster up to raise a bit more
9. To Joe Brocklehurst for looking after my legs for a discounted rate and also a complimentary treatment
10 To Sandra ( my mother in law) for helping me raise from family and friends
RRR (beep beep)