Monday 22nd of February : Half Marathon #15 of 100 in 2016 in aid of Cancer Research Uk
15% of challenge completed 🙂
196.5 miles down and 1113.5 miles to go !! (easy peasy)
Had an extra day off after trying to get a PB on my 100th parkrun on Saturday, legs were sore and needed extra recovery.
Happy with my time of 1:40′ 16″ , took it easy because my next one is in two days time (too busy on thursday) and earlier I took a client running, 5km of 600m intervals !
A couple of waves to mention, Steve on Km 12 on Hubert Way, and Jordan on Km 20.
Wednesday 24th of February: Half Marathon #16 of 100 in 2016 in aid of Cancer Research Uk
Sweet 16 done! 🙂
210 miles done and only 1100 left 🙂
Only had one day rest since last one and was my third 13 miler in 6 days!!
Was tough even though I picked a fairly easy 10,5K course and did two laps of it.
I call this route ” The Footprint” because of the shape on the map 🙂
Had no choice but to go today because I would have been too busy on Thursday and didn’t fancy another night run.
Trained Cait early in the morning, 5k of intervals, then took my Beagles to Battlefield for an hour walk.
A quick banana and an espresso and was ready to go!
Was a bit cold but beautiful sunny day, and actually felt warm towards the end of the run.
Happy with my time of 1:39′ 43″.
No toots to mention this time, but saw Simon H. with his college friends in the Quarry on Km 6.
Will rest for two days and my next running is 22′ pacing for parkrun Pacer event on Saturday.
#17 will be either Sunday or Monday.
Monday 29th of February: #17 of 100 in 2016 in aid of Cancer Research Uk
#17 done 🙂 that’s 17 Half Marathons in exactly 2 months!!
Was going to run tomorrow but was adamant to fit another one before month ends!
Took it easy, have 3 to complete this week including another Wrexham Half on sunday and would like to get a PB in that one 🙂
222 miles done and 1088 to go, soon the remaining mileage will be under 1000
No injuries to report, hamstrings are a bit sore today, it’s just DOMS, I get them in different places after every run, I work those muscles hard in my next strength training session and get soreness in a different place 😄
Thank you for donations so far, if you do sponsor me please leave your name or message me so I can thank you personally.
Number 18 should be on Wednesday, need extra rest day afterwards so I can push on Sunday.
Time to say my thankyous :
1. to all who encourage me and wish me good luck, like and share my social media posts
2. to all who sponsored me so far : over £400 including Gift Aid in two months.
3. to Gareth from Purity Lifestyle Studio in Wellington for free massage on my calves
4. Joe Williams from UKRunChat for free entry at Shrewsbury Half Marathon
5. Up& Running shop in Shrewsbury for big discount on new Running Shoes
6. Susan Bowes for selling her extra M.Drayton 10k entry and donating the money to Cancer Research uk
7. My Family for patience and support and for listening all day to my numbers and stats 😀
8. My brother at La Lanterna restaurant for putting a poster up to raise a bit more
RRR (beep beep)
Twitter: @rikfitness @RikRoadRunner