Xmas Eve: Saturday 24th December
I did it !! #100 done ! All sub 2hrs and 100 different routes!
Challenge is now complete and I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
I never doubted I wouldn’t complete it, I always knew I could do it and was confident in my training and preparation for it. But you never know what could happen in life and my biggest challenge hasn’t been the actual running but finding the time to go out for almost two hours with work and everyday life things.
Started at 7.30 am, got to St Julian’s Friars car park and was still pitch dark.
Waiting for me were Zoe, Ian, Annabel, Humphrey, Alistair, Huw, Rick
A quick selfie and we set off on three challenging 5k laps round town at a 5.20″/km pace.
Toughest part was Kingsland, a couple of little climbs there 😀
Nobody complained and we all plodded along chatting and taking pics.
After first lap Rob took over from Zoe and rest of the group remained.
Rob ran the second lap and went off to meet Zoe, also Annabel went to parkrun for marshalling duties.
On other side of the river by the Boathouse Allan and his friends were waiting to join us for a short while and they crossed the bridge to go to parkrun start but not before a quick group selfie. Also took a selfie with Nicola and Ian
We were a few minutes ahead of schedule and told everyone to slow down.
Saw more people: James, Shell, Lucy, Susan
Got to the monument at 8.53 and only had 1km to go to join the back of parkrun for the last 5k
We literally strolled all the way to the start and felt overwhelmed to see people applauding us 🙂
Got lots of hugs and handshakes and pats on the back and off I went for the last 3 miles.
Quick hugs from family and was looking for my son Luca who trained really hard the last few weeks so he could run 5k with me today, but couldn’t see him.
Spotted him a bit later and ran alongside him for the last mile and we crossed the finish line together 🙂
At 24′ it was my slowest parkrun ever and 141 position my lowest one ever but every time I’m going to see this stat on my parkrun profile page I’m going to remember this amazing day.
The support and encouragement was incredible, the generosity of friends and family, fellow parkrunners and total strangers is overwhelming.
I’m so proud of being part of this amazing event and running alongside amazing people every week 🙂
The tin I left on the table at the finish line hoping to raise a couple more quids contained £71 !! The total amount raised so far has almost reached £1800 plus gift aid and has surpassed the amount I was hoping for by nearly £500
I also have to mention this lovely handmade card I was given to congratulate me by little Ava and Poppy 🙂
And also Francesca for giving me a Xmas Shufflers medal 🙂
1310 miles done and 0 miles to go!
Next one is on Wednesday, only kidding 😀
Happy Christmas and thank you again for support and donations amazing people X
Just Giving page will be open till end of January
Time to say my thankyous :
1. to all who encourage me and wish me good luck, like and share my social media posts
2. to all who sponsored me so far : over £1800 plus gift aid raised so far
3. to Gareth Connell from Purity Lifestyle Studio in Wellington for free massage on my calves
4. Joe Williams from UKRunChat for free entry at Shrewsbury Half Marathon and for posting my blog on UkSportsChat website
5. Up& Running shop in Shrewsbury for big discount on new Running Shoes
6. Susan Bowes for selling her extra M.Drayton 10k and Derby Half entry and donating the money to Cancer Research uk
7. My Family for patience and support and for listening all day to my numbers and stats
8. My brother at La Lanterna restaurant for putting a poster up to raise a bit more
9. To Joe Brocklehurst for looking after my legs for a discounted rate and also a complimentary treatment
10. To Sandra ( my mother in law) for helping me raise from family and friends
11. To Gareth Mapp at Lifestyle Fitness for letting me put up a sponsor form on notice board to raise cash from members and staff and for sponsoring my Adidas Bounce running shoes.
12. To everyone who has kept me company during my runs
13. To the parkrun community for support and encouragement throughout the year
RRR (beep beep)