Sunday 10th April : #29
29th done in 1: 37′, but don’t be fooled by the time, it was hard work!!
Beautiful morning, started with a little loop around the estate, then from Hubert Way up Ellesmere Rd all the way to the Two Henrys roundabout, right onto the A49, where I had to battle strong cold winds and lorries going past were creating more gusts of winds (please don’t try this at home).
After 10.5K I turned back and surprisingly winds were gone and it started to feel hot in the sunshine, happy I didn’t wear my woolly hat 🙂
On mile 6 got a toot, I think it was Dave and Narin, then on Hubert Way on mile 12 Mandy Baxter tooted.
On the last Km I got a wave from my next door neighbours Helen and Philip walking Max the dog.
My legs feel ok, specially after “MOT and service” by Joe Brocklehurst on Friday, they are as good as new 🙂
Next run will be #30, will reach almost a third of challenge 🙂
Wednesday 13th April: #30
#30 completed one second under 1:39′ !
Wasn’t planning to run until tomorrow but how could I say no to a beautiful blue sky? 🙂
Didn’t have a planned route in mind so I just went out and improvised.
On Km 5 Ian Richards tooted and when I ran on Mount Pleasant Rd the second time I saw Len East running, caught up with him and ran around 500m with him, he was worried he was slowing me down, I assured him that I was happy someone was slowing me down and was happy to have some company even for a short distance.
On km16 Reuben tooted on Monkmoor Rd and a bit later saw Matty and stopped for a few seconds to have a chat.
River was high and path was flooded, so I took a few detours and stopped to take a selfie by the weir 🙂
On km 21 near the end of my run I saw Neil and waved.
Really enjoyed my run, next one should be on sunday.
393 miles done (633km) and 917 to go (1477km), easy peasy 🙂
Time to say my thankyous :
1. to all who encourage me and wish me good luck, like and share my social media posts
2. to all who sponsored me so far : £486 plus gift aid raised in first 3 months
3. to Gareth from Purity Lifestyle Studio in Wellington for free massage on my calves
4. Joe Williams from UKRunChat for free entry at Shrewsbury Half Marathon
5. Up& Running shop in Shrewsbury for big discount on new Running Shoes
6. Susan Bowes for selling her extra M.Drayton 10k entry and donating the money to Cancer Research uk
7. My Family for patience and support and for listening all day to my numbers and stats 😀
8. My brother at La Lanterna restaurant for putting a poster up to raise a bit more
9. To Joe Brocklehurst for looking after my legs for a discounted rate
RRR (beep beep)
Twitter: @rikfitness @RikRoadRunner