Wednesday 23rd March:
#24 done, 505Km gone, almost a quarter of my challenge complete 🙂
996 miles to go, finally number is below 1000!
Was tough today, legs and especially hamstrings were still sore from last run, what do I expect after running 75k in seven days!
Didn’t help the fact that I picked a tough route, started in the Quarry and up Porthill again!
then to Radbrook and into Roman Rd, Meole Brace, Otley Rd past Shrewsbury Business park and back the same way, with a downhill finish towards Quarry.
Saw Emma Preston on Km 1, she waved. And got a double toot on Km 15 from Jordan Brown,
Finished 1:43′, happy with that but to be fair wasn’t too bothered about the time.
Sunday 27th March: Happy Easter!! 🙂
Run #25 of 100 completed, that’s a quarter of my challenge done.
327 miles in less than 3 months and 983 to go!
Another milestone to mention is the number of Half Marathons ran in a year, today I’ve matched my 2014 record of 25.
Was lucky with the weather today, missed the downpour and the hail storm by a few minutes!!
Started run at home at 11.45 and went towards Castlefields along the river, crossed the Castlewalk Bridge to Abbey Forgate, up Old Potts Way, left onto Bage Way, left again into Racecourse Crescent, Monkmoor Rd and Telford way, up Sundorne Rd and left on Featherbed Ln for half a mile and then doubled back and ran 10,5 K back home.
Was tough, too warm at times and also windy, finding it hard to run alone after running in a few organised races, so please anyone is welcome to join me anytime during my runs for part or full distance.
Legs feel stiff now, in need of lots of stretching (and lots of chocolate!), I’ve run 35 miles in five consecutive days, and maybe it’s a little bit much 😀
A couple of toots to mention, but unfortunately I couldn’t make out who it was. Also on mile 11 I ran past Rick Garcia in Abbey Foregate, he was enjoying his Easter walk 🙂
So far I’m on target with my schedule, but I need to run an extra one at some point so I can get to 50 for Shrewsbury Half Marathon on the 19th of June 🙂
Next run Wednesday or Thursday depending on work.
You can follow my journey in pictures on Instagram: @RikRoadRunner
To sponsor me and donate to Cancer Research Uk please go to http://www.justgiving.com/Rik-RoadRunner
Time to say my thankyous :
1. to all who encourage me and wish me good luck, like and share my social media posts
2. to all who sponsored me so far : £476 plus gift aid raised in first 3 months
3. to Gareth from Purity Lifestyle Studio in Wellington for free massage on my calves
4. Joe Williams from UKRunChat for free entry at Shrewsbury Half Marathon
5. Up& Running shop in Shrewsbury for big discount on new Running Shoes
6. Susan Bowes for selling her extra M.Drayton 10k entry and donating the money to Cancer Research uk
7. My Family for patience and support and for listening all day to my numbers and stats 😀
8. My brother at La Lanterna restaurant for putting a poster up to raise a bit more
RRR (beep beep)
Twitter: @rikfitness @RikRoadRunner